Thursday, June 2, 2011

Shattered Glass

Day #2 of NYWM and I'm happy to say that I haven't left my bout of daily writing to 11pm. It's much earlier then that and I have a night of writing and brainstorming ahead of me. This is very exciting!

While catching up on some of the Jschool work I've missed from being sick, I watched a film called Shattered Glass. It captivates the true story of a prominent, young journalist writing for The New Republic for three years in the '90's. The only problem is, 27 of his 41 published stories were either partially or completely made up. Incredible! I think it's safe to say, I'm am now terrified to write as freely as I once did... However that won't stop me writing at all, in fact, it simply enforces the importance of your professional ethics and working as morally as you can. As with any job, a writer is still a profession.

So while this is only a short blog, again, I am proud that I've made the time to write down a few notes. Now that my mind and fingers are all warmed up, I'm ready for book reviews, editing, poetry and short story writing. Productivity, here I come!

SM
x

No comments: