Sunday, February 6, 2011

Flippin' a pancake, baking some bread.

So, I'm pretty much unstoppable, what with my new found ability to flip a pancake in the pan and my recent feat of baking fresh, home made bread. I feel quite accomplished for this year so far having taken a mighty bite out of my resolution list for 2011, and we're only in month #2.



It's approximately 3 weeks until I begin my new journey in a diploma of journalism at a leading independent institution, Jschool located in the heart of Brisbane City. I am both excited and terrified for the leap into a new field, and although I have dabbled in journalism and writing before, I am certain I have a great deal of learning to go just to get the basics.

Activate motivation... 3, 2, 1...

To be honest, I'm struggling to find the discipline to set myself in serious journalism cadet mode, scouring newspapers to the 't'and perfecting my teeline shorthand skills. Though, I guess this year is about learning and discovering my path to journalism success and yes, it will be hard work that I may have to force myself to do but I've come to the conclusion that by being offered a position, this is the next step to take in my often crazy world.

No comments: